Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Steampunk Junkies Challenge #2 FLORAL


Hello

This evening I am sharing with you the challenge card that I have made for the new challenge over at 

The challenge this week is
FLORAL

and I hope that you will join us in our just for fun challenge

This month I have tried something new to me and I am sssoooo pleased with the results... I have recently purchased some of the 
 inks from 

I sprayed the inks onto my card and left it to dry... this only takes seconds and I was really surprised, the colours are amazing... the stronger you want the colour the more you spray - simple enough even for me! On this card I have only used the two colours as I didn't think any more were needed - the colour that I used were from the citrus collection.


punked embellishments 


close up of the image with the colour chemistry

I then stamped my image onto the card and inked the edges - I then sprayed a second piece of card and used this to decoupage the flowers across the side of her face. I then mounted the image on black card and added it to a background of flowery DSP. I added a ribbon bow to the top left hand side of the image...


the decoupaged flowers

To this card I have also added some wooden embellishment - perfect to punk up my card! I have coloured them in copper to add a contrast to the bright colours of the citrus ink that I have used!

I hope you like my card and thanks for looking
as always your comments are much appreciated
I hope that you will join in our punky challenge - the great thing about steampunk is there are no rules!

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
bunny zoe - girly
crafty bloggers network - anything goes
make it monday - anything goes
stamp with fun - spring

HAPPY CRAFTING
hugs
Debbi
x





11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful,love the image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Debbi....love everything about it! The Oak House Studio, Colour Chemistry products are fab, aren't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the colour Chemistry Inks in a bottle Debbi. I love your card, thanks for sharing Lynnda, Oak House Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. see I knew twisting your arm to get some Colour Chemistry products from Oak House Studio would be worth it ... fab fab fab make for The Steampunk Junkies ... just beautiful Debs ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card with great colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous Debbie - love the combination with the emblies - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the way the color spray looks. So steampunk and yet still so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layers and the colours are supper. saw your entry on MIM this week. hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card ,love the colours and the inked background is wonderful
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so cute!! I say hello from MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your great spring work! Love it! Have a fab sunday, see you soon.
    hugs Clarissa
    PS: Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x