Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Wednesday 29 February 2012

RAK...


One of the groups that I am in on Facebook was running a RAK (random act of kindness) swap and I was thinking that I had missed the boat as usual and would miss out, but thanks to two lovely people Pauline and Isobel I got to take part... So I decided that I had to make them a card - we are paper crafters after all! and I wanted something that would co-ordinate with this... I decided that I would cover a notebook and decorate it to match the card that I had made them.
First of all I chose the stamp set that I was going to use - Vintage Vogue I love this set and decided that I would chose very bright colours for my receivers - I chose rich razzleberry and melon mambo, I covered the notebook in the bright DSP with dots on and used the friend stamp to decorate the front and a strip of card stock to add some detail... I also had some buttons that were white and I used these to decorate the left hand side of the book. For the card I used the vine from the set and then stamped two of the flowers I have used - one on the card panel and the second on to a scrap piece of card stock to cut out and add to the card - sticking them on with dimensionals... I love the effect that gives for using something that we normally throw away - who else keeps nearly ever scrap of card that they have?? I know that my scrap holder needs a very good sort out where I have to be very harsh with myself! lol
I added the card panel to the card stock and then on to a white square card blank. I added some white satin ribbon to the side of the card and stapled this on...
I hope my ladies liked their gifts and I loved taking part in this swap - it is always lovely to receive something that is handmade through the post!
Thank you for taking the time to read my post - Debbi xxx

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, I am sure they will love their gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful - where do you get your notebooks from? I know that paperchase do some that are just crying out to be altered but they are quite expensive x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this card and notebook is absolutely gorgeous i just love those flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats really nice and i am sure who ever recieves it will think the same xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Debbie and thank you for taking part, the ladies will love them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card hun, please can you check my blog I have an award for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colour combo and love Vintage Vogue!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful love those flowers
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, love the colours and those flowers are fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for my lovely gift and card . The note book will be well used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and love the colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x