Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

POSTCARD CHALLENGE 2012!

So I have been working on this weeks postcard from Spain that will be posted to my blog tomorrow morning and will continue the story of Teddy and Annie... I also wanted to have somewhere to keep the postcards once I had made them that was seperate from the rest of my card making things... I have been looking at envelope books as somewhere to keep them and although I have made one before it was many years ago and not on the scale of what I need now - being a home to 52 cards!
I started with a base of basic grey card and this was consertined to house 26 envelopes that I would keep the cards in...







Once I had consertined the card I began to stick envelopes to it using tombow glue - this is VERY sticky and by the end you guessed it I was covered!







Once I had completed this I added a spine to the consertina and bone folded each of the seams where the envelopes were placed as you can imagine again I was covered in glue!





I created two covers for the book and I wheeled them with the very vintage wheel in real red and then randomly stamped the postcard stamp over the top of this in black... I love the effect that this gives and am pleased with the outcome - I was hoping to find an atlas in the local charity shop but was out of luck (I think that this works well though)




Here is the finished book... I cannot wait to make some more postcards to put in it... Spain's is already completed! I hope you like it and thanks for looking! Debbi x

1 comment:

  1. great idea! love the yummy red. look forward to your card. mine is still in progress

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x