Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Thursday 18 November 2010

recent workshop...

Sorry been absent for a few days - where does the time go??
So at a recent workshop I was asked to do Christmas cards which I love doing any time of the year and also for me to demo embossing... For the card I decided that I would use serene snowflakes which is a set that I have had for ages and rarely used - but it is one of those that you come too and once you begin your project the ideas keep on coming.
The colour combination I used for the card was night of navy and soft suede colours that I have not used together before but when looking at colours I think they go really well together. I love the depth of the blue and the shade of brown is not as deep as chocolate chip and lends itself really well as a contrast to the depth of the blue.
I layered a blue card blank with suede and then very vanilla inking the edges of each layer and random stamped the snowflakes over each layer, adding a ribbon to the top of the card and stamping the sentiment from heard from the heart.


The panel that I demoed embossing on used the shimmer paint and also lovely as a tree again on night of navy card stock. I used a dauber and the shimmer paint to colour the stamp and then add this to the card panel I then added clear embossing powder to the top of this and sealed it with a heat gun. To finish the panel off I inked the edges of the night of navy panel.
The gift that I made for my lovely hostess Bev was a stamped photo frame using the stamp set we used for the make and take and what I had demoed. I have just randomly stamped the frame and stamped some of the images off and I added the beautiful twinkly rhinestones - that I love...
I hope you like the card, demo and frame from the workshop I am sure that Bev and ours friends enjoyed themselves on the night! Want to book your own party?? email me for dertails!
Thanks for looking - Debbi x x x

1 comment:

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x