Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Saturday 16 October 2010

an old favourite...

I cannot bear to part with all my retired Stampin' Up! sets and this is one of them... I love this set and this will be one of the sets that I use for my personal Christmas cards this year. I have made this card as a thank you for one of my customers and I did not make it a Christams theme I used my ink pad lids and an aqua painter to add the colour to the image and before adding each layer I waited for the image to dry...
Once I had finished the painting image I inked the edges in black and mounted it on craft and mellow moss and then I mounted this to the card blank which was soft suede. I added the image at an angle and have also inked the edges of the card. I have added a thanks so much sentiment to the bottom right of the card.
A very simple card to make but very effective proving that not all Christmas sets have to be used just for that purpose.
I hope you like the card and thanks for looking x x x

2 comments:

  1. Adorable hun,I love that stamp set, I could never part with mine either! sorry not posted your card yet, had a hectic week and to top it my brother had a heart attack yesterday, he is ok thank god, his wife saved his life!!! Family are such a worry!! E-mail me your addy so I can post it out.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Debbi!! i love these scenic images!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x