Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Thursday 22 July 2010

more candles...


So yesterday I took Joshua back to school so we could see his teachers and say goodbye - he will not be attending the school next year! I decided that I would stamp them a candle each and make a card to match to thank them for the fantastic job that they have done with Joshua in the past year - I found the candles in Tesco and I have used the greenhouse garden stamp set this stamp set lends itself to random stamping and has the great effect created by the two step stamping technique. I used the colours old olive and regal rose. I have randomly placed the stamped images on the grease proof paper and then rolled the candle over these and got the paper taut. I have then sealed the images with a heat gun carefully peeling of the greaseproof paper.
I have then placed the candle in a bag and tied a ribbon around the top securing a tag with the sentiment 'from me to you' on . For the card I have also used old olive and regal rose and have random stamped the images on in three sizes stamping off the medium sized flower. I have added basic grey middles to the flower as I thought this would be more subtle than black. I have added ribbon to the left hand edge of the card and the sentiment to the bottom right. I have used the stripey ribbon to tie the top of the candle and a brad to decorate the tag. The teachers loved them and I hope you like them too!
Thanks for looking and your comments are appreciated - Debbi x x x

STAMP SET greenhouse garden, best yet
CARD regal rose, old olive
INK regal rose, old olive, basic grey
ACCESSORIES stripey ribbon, brad, tag punches, gold thread

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Debbi the candles are gorgeous! The teachers will love them.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie your candles are wonderful hugs alma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder the teachers were impressed the candles are lovely but I like the cards even more.

    Look how well that clever boy can sign his name .. genius !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x