Follow Me on Pinterest

Followers

Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Penny Black Challenge

Hello! After Stampin Up! my next favourite has to be penny black (closely followed by the Magnolia stamps) and i am trying to find the time to take part in some of the great challenges that are going on on the various blogs - but where does the time go?? What with working full time and my babies and needing to sleep - lol! Anywsay lastnight saw the second meet of my crafting group and there were only a couple of use so I got to make a card...

The challenge this week was black, white and one other - I chose red - being a Manchester United fan very apt after our successful weekend! and I decoupaged the tie on the cat to bring some emphasis to it... I used SU cardstock and some SU! ribbon (the red) and the black and white ribbon were purchases that I made from Port Sunlight on Saturday from a stall that is due to go live with a website this week - great quality and great prices - if I find the details I will post them - ribbon is one of my weaknesses! (another one)

The sentiment is backed with SU! cardstock and added at an angle to the image. I added some gems to finish the card off I always think they fill in gaps nicely! lol...

I hope you like the card - I am hoping to take part in more of the challenges out there and have a couple in mind - keep looking over the next few days, thanks for looking and your comments are appreciated. As tigger would say TTFN and thanks for looking - Debbi x x x

5 comments:

  1. Great card Debbie, good one for a man's card too

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love his tie makes a great focal point for the card....great minds think alike with the colour combo dont you think... lol


    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Penny Black stamps too! Well in fact I like most stamps LOL!
    Love the black and white (I'm a Derby County fan!)
    Very Cute!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card Debbi....love the colour combo and your gorgeous kitty image...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC... Hugs Kath xxxx
    if you e-mail me...you will find it on the PBSC sidebar....i will send you easy comment link instructions
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog... All your comments are appreciated - Happy Crafting... Hugs Debbi x